039 – Introduction to Acceptance
Mindfulness Online Training
Acceptance is a key part of mindfulness practice. This talk was originally broadcast on Facebook Live (video link here) explains what acceptance is and how to cultivate more of it.
- “Mindfulness is awareness and acceptance of bodily sensations, form entering the senses, feelings and thoughts; within the present moment”
- “It shouldn’t be like this now”
- “The universe is wrong”
- “She shouldn’t have done this to me”
- Denial of our experience in the present moment
- Fighting the universe is tiring!
- Unpleasant / Illness
- “It is as it is”
- “I accept this is how it is”
- “It’s happened – let’s move on”
- Acceptance of the present moment
- Peaceful mind
- Positive feedback from the body
- How to cultivate acceptance?
- Practise awareness – this is also acceptance!
- Real acceptance is only possible in the present moment
- Being aware now is accepting now
- If you’re lost in thought, you’re resisting now
- Saying yes to what is – now
- We can even accept resistance!
- Can practice within meditation
- Sometimes, may be helpful to think situations through to help with acceptance. Or talk with a friend or therapist.
- The more we accept our present moment experience the less we need to accept situations through thinking
- Awareness with harmonious living leads to acceptance. Living a Life of Harmony – 7 Guidelines for Cultivating Peace and Kindness
Copyright © 2019 Darren Cockburn. All Rights Reserved