067 – Climate Change & Veganism – With Mahesh Hayward
Mindfulness Online Training
If you like my work, please vote for me and enable the teachings to help more people. I’ve been nominated for Kindred Spirit Magazine’s “Emerging Voice” 2019 award. Voting includes entry to a free prize draw! Click here to vote
It’s wonderful to have my friend Mahesh Hayward on the podcast. Mahesh has been a spiritual seeker all his life, as far back as he can remember. Lying in bed as a small child he used to wonder where the stars stopped. And thinking about where we go when we die.
Now in his mid 40’s and with an established Yoga practice, Mahesh enjoys transforming and enriching the life of others with his yoga teaching. His upbeat and humorous approach to life has lead him to work with CID, teachers, children and even animals. Bringing a mindful and compassionate awareness to everyday life, making it feel extraordinary.
Here are some of the highlights…
- How do you heal a dog?
- How suffering spiritually transformed Mahesh.
- Looking further that you can see.
- Do long beards have special powers?
- How to grow a long beard.
- How Mahesh attracted his wife.
- Mahesh’s relationship with Extinction Rebellion.
- A recent climate change protest and a choice to be arrested.
- How the Met police respectfully managed Mahesh’s arrest.
- Three top tips for helping with climate change:
- Move towards veganism or become fully vegan
- Minimise food waste
- Never buy a plastic bag
- Why it’s the best time to be vegan.
- The difference between the mind wanting food and the body needing food.
- How to prevent biscuits getting caught in your beard!
- Respecting yourself helps you be a nice person.
- Visit Rogues and Gentlemen – the barber shop where Mahesh trims.
- Visit Shiva Shakti and The Heart Space yoga studios where Mahesh teaches.
Copyright © 2019 Darren Cockburn. All Rights Reserved