086 – Exploring Meaningfulness – with Olivia Shone
Mindfulness Online Training
If you like my work, please vote for me and enable the teachings to help more people. I’ve been nominated for Kindred Spirit Magazine’s “Emerging Voice” 2019 award. Voting includes entry to
Have you ever been curious about the meaning of life? What your meaning is and why meaning is so important? And how that relates to meditation and mindfulness? If so, have a listen to this interview I held with my friend and spiritual teacher Olivia Shone.
Starting her search for meaning in her teenage years, Olivia engaged thoughtfully, logically and intuitively leading her to study Theology at Oxford. This was followed by a counselling diploma, teaching and marketing experience and then the birth of her 4 children all of which have given her a certain life experience.
However in 2012 the wind changed with her husband’s brain tumour and surgery rendering him virtually blind, without health, employment and a home. Through meditation, reflection and imagination Olivia found spiritual nourishment during this difficult time.
Currently studying for an MA in Christian Spirituality, Olivia is fascinated by how ‘ancient paths’ can find new expressions in modern life. She would say that having a source of meaning outside of oneself is a vital part of surviving challenges and living fully in the everyday.
Olivia believes that each of us has the capacity to discern meaning through an honest searching approach to life and as we search for greater meaning using mind and heart so we will find it and know our lives to ultimately be meaningful.
Connect with Olivia at https://www.meaningfulapp.com/
Here are some of the questions we answered….
- How can you find meaning through everyday experience?
- What’s the meaning of life? And how important is it to have meaning in our life?
- How did Olivia’s spiritual journey begin?
- How does Olivia help people find meaning?
- How can you use mindfulness to connect with spirit?
- What’s the difference between Mindfulness and Mindfulness+ ?
- What’s hope and how do we cultivate more of it?
- How does hope relate to heaven?
- How does mindfulness relate to meaning and hope?
- How does Olivia and Darren define meditation and what practises/approach do they follow?
- How can meditation and prayer be connected and sequenced?
- How do people decide if or when they declare their faith in a religion or spirit to others?
- When can it be helpful to receive a “spiritual shock” and have your spiritual buttons pushed?
Copyright © 2019 Darren Cockburn. All Rights Reserved