108 – The Magical Connection Between Mindfulness & Yoga – with Esther Ekhart
Mindfulness Online Training
Discover how mindfulness and yoga connect with mindfulness expert Darren Cockburn & yoga expert Esther Ekhart in this enlightening interview. Includes practical tips on meditation, mindfulness, yoga practice along with deeper discussions on enlightenment, the power to heal and predict the future.
It’s my pleasure to welcome Esther Ekhart to the Mindfulness Online Training podcast. Esther’s been teaching yoga internationally for over 20 years. As one of the founders of EkhartYoga.com she has thousands of students worldwide following her online classes. She also runs workshops, retreats and teacher training programmes.
Esther’s approach to mindful yoga is influenced by her dedicated personal meditation practice and background as a therapist. The emphasis in her teaching is very much on being present in the moment.
She teaches dynamic styles like Vinyasa Flow and Hatha, focusing on mindful yoga, strength and stability, as well as slower practices like Yin yoga and meditation, which allow for deeper connection with body and mind.
Esther also hosts workshops, teacher trainings and retreats around the world.
In this interview, Esther and I explore the connections and integration between mindfulness, yoga and buddhist teachings. Here are some of the questions we answered…
- What is yoga?
- How can yoga help with mindfulness?
- How does yoga relate to meditation?
- What are the biggest yoga myths?
- Do you need to be flexible or spiritual to practice yoga?
- Can you meditate with a busy mind?
- How does yoga’s system of personal ethics support mindfulness?
- How can yoga connect you with the spiritual realm?
- Does yoga give you “special powers” like the ability to heal others or predict the future? And if so, how do you manage them?
- How does yoga relate to enlightenment?
- Can you have enlightenment now?
- Do you need to work at becoming enlightened?
- Why is relaxation so important for mindfulness?
- Why is it so important to turn towards unpleasant feelings?
- Do you need to be spiritual to practise yoga?
Related Posts: British Wheel of Yoga Mindfulness Workshop for Yoga Teachers – Parts 1, 2 , 3 & 4, 109 – Body Mind Connection – with Esther Ekhart, 110 – 7 Great Reasons to Start Practicing Yoga – with Esther Ekhart, 111 – Yoga as a Healing Practice – with Esther Ekhart, 112 – Who am I? Self Inquiry through Yoga – with Esther Ekhart, 113 – Mindfulness – The Moment as it is – with Esther Ekhart
Copyright © 2019 Darren Cockburn. All Rights Reserved