119 – 5 Reasons Why Mindfulness Is Great For Living Well With Pain – with Vidyamala Burch
5 Reasons Why Mindfulness Is Great For Living Well With Pain – with Vidyamala Burch
Mindfulness Online Training
It’s inevitable that we’re all going to suffer from physical pain at some point or another. Do you know that mindfulness enables us to significantly reduce the pain and suffering we experience offering greater freedom and wellness? In this interview, Vidyamala Burch guides us to discover the five reasons why mindfulness is great for living well with pain.
- Mindfulness helps us distinguish between primary pain (which is given) and secondary pain (which is optional)
- Mindfulness helps us to use breath awareness to release tension – “when in doubt, breath out”
- Mindfulness helps us get perspective on our thoughts with a kindly and positive attitude
- Mindfulness helps us in daily life to overcome boom and bust with pacing
- Mindfulness helps us make choices – the behavioural outcome of mindfulness is choice
Vidyamala founded the organisation Breathworks in 2001 (to help people living with pain, illness and stress to re-claim their lives). Breathworks is a recognised leader in this area and has now spread internationally with accredited trainers in over 25 countries.
Access more teaching resources from Vidyamala
Visit Vidyamala’s web site
Make a donation to Breathworks
Copyright © 2019 Darren Cockburn. All Rights Reserved