145 – Peaceful Sleep Meditation
Peaceful Sleep Meditation
Mindfulness Online Training
Peaceful Sleep Meditation
I’ve created a new “Peaceful Sleep Meditation”. It’s a gentle practice to bring the mind into a state of spiritual harmony and relax the body. Including gratitude, forgiveness, breath and body awareness. Designed to help you calmly drift off to sleep and once asleep, to sleep deeply.
In a few days I hope to have this meditation available on the Insight Timer app without the podcast intro. If you follow my teacher profile on there you’ll receive a notification once new recordings are available.
P.s. In Podcast 46 I offer 15 tips for a better night’s sleep.
Peaceful Sleep Meditation Transcript
- Lie down in a comfortable position, gently close your eyes and allow the body to become still and peaceful.
- We’ll start this meditation by observing your mind.
- Kindly acknowledge any worries or concerns you might have and let them go to allow your mind to begin to relax.
- Be aware of any cravings you might be experiencing. And again, let them go. Allow your mind to release any cravings and begin to relax.
- There may be a few reflections from the day that pop into your mind. If this happens, simply observe them and allow them to pass.
- Take a moment to bring to mind something that you’re grateful for from today. This can be anything – possibly something simple that you might usually take for granted. Be grateful. Say a few words in your mind to express your gratitude.
- Now bring to mind some of your thoughts, communication or actions from the day that you believe were unkind to yourself or to others. Turn away from that unkindness. Turn towards skilfulness. Turn towards kindness. And offer yourself forgiveness. Say a few words in your mind to request forgiveness from spirit or the universe. Allow yourself to be forgiven.
- Bring to mind something that’s needed and positive which you’d like to experience, acquire or achieve. Make a wish or pray for that positive outcome.
- Now is the time to let go of all your thoughts. And if any new thoughts arise, let them go too.
- Invite your mind to become peaceful and spacious.
- Bring awareness to your breath allowing it to flow naturally. Notice how parts of your body rise and fall on the in breath and out breath. Listen to the sound of your breath. Notice its texture. Continue on your own being aware of the breath for a few seconds.
- Now make your out-breath a longer than your in-breath which will relax you even more.
- Become aware of any other bodily sensations you’re experiencing now. They could be pleasant like nice tingling feelings or unpleasant like an ache or discomfort.
- Whatever you’re experiencing, accept your body as it is now.
- And return to your breath. Return to being aware of your breathing.
- Shortly, when I chime the singing bowl, it will be time for sleep.
- Invite yourself to have a good night’s sleep. To relax the body and the mind deeply. To sleep deeply.
- Keep some awareness on your breath or energy in the body as you gently and peacefully drift off to sleep.
Copyright © 2020 Darren Cockburn. All Rights Reserved