Are you interested in simplifying your life? Making life easier by having less stuff? And doing what you’re passionate about rather than what you “should” be doing? If so, then this podcast will be of great help.
Would you like life to be simpler, happier and more harmonious? If so, listen to this insightful discussion between Darren Cockburn & Paul John Roach on the 7 Guidelines.
It was an honour to share the teachings from my new book “Living a Life of Harmony – 7 Guidelines for Cultivating Peace & Kindness” in this talk and Q&A. Here are some of the content highlights:
* Why I believe bookstores are important
* “The Process” – The infinite process we’re all part of
* How we impact each other
* Separating ourselves from others
* We can’t prove this existence is real
* Are we part of a simulation?
* “The Process” has Guidelines
* The truth in religion and philosophy
* Consequences of causing harm
* Why “bad” things happen to “good” people
* How to embrace the “good” stuff and accept the “bad” stuff
* Mindfulness+ is mindfulness plus the spiritual dimension
* How “The Process” corrects you
* What happens when you don’t learn lessons
* How to deal with unskilful people
* The 7 Guidelines:
1. Honour the body
2. Be present, bringing awareness and acceptance into every moment
3. Act with kindness
4. Understand the truth and communicate it skilfully
5. Do only what needs to be done
6. Harmoniously obtain and retain only what you need
7. Apply the guidelines to your digital device usage
This talk was held at Pages Bookstore in Detroit. Thank you so much to Erin Gold for making this possible.