Climate change and veganism discussion from the Mindfulness Online Training web site featuring Darren Cockburn and Mahesh Hayward
An enlightening discussion on social media addiction – with mindfulness expert and spiritual teacher/author Darren Cockburn and Renee Jayne – creator of ‘Love Yourself Naked’ and ‘My Nutrition 360’.
I was delighted to learn that my ‘7 Principles of Conscious Digital Usage’ were featured on the front page and in a three page article within the Jan/Feb edition of Kindred Spirit Magazine.
The speed at which digital device usage has spread is phenomenal. Many of us are spending hours of our time each day using these devices – usually looking at screens. When you use digital devices consciously, you can be at peace with them and enjoy their benefits. You can use them in a way that is aligned with your spiritual practice.
Here are ‘The Seven Principles of Conscious Digital Device Usage’:
1. Only use a device when it’s really needed
2. Stay mindful during device usage
3. Be kind to your body during device usage
4. Communicate selectively, truthfully and skillfully during device usage
5. Have time away from your devices every day
6. Take opportunities for real human contact
7. Accept that digital device usage is part of life.
Category: 8-Week Training Programme, All, Darren Cockburn, Digital, Mindfulness, Pandemic Resources Tags: conscious digital usage, digital detox, meditate, Meditation, Mindful, mindfulness, mindfulness online training, mobile phone usage, phone addiction, responsible phone usage, screen time, social media addiction