This podcast is an extract from a workshop I delivered for a group of British Wheel of Yoga teachers. I was helping them explore mindfulness and meditation. This is the first of a number of podcasts from that workshop.
It introduces the universal process (The Process) which we are all a part of. And 7 guidelines that when followed will cultivate peace and kindness. The teachings are from my new book “Living a Life of Harmony”.
An explanation of how you can use Mindfulness to heal emotional pain and evolve spiritually.
It was an honour to share the teachings from my new book “Living a Life of Harmony – 7 Guidelines for Cultivating Peace & Kindness” in this talk and Q&A. Here are some of the content highlights:
* Why I believe bookstores are important
* “The Process” – The infinite process we’re all part of
* How we impact each other
* Separating ourselves from others
* We can’t prove this existence is real
* Are we part of a simulation?
* “The Process” has Guidelines
* The truth in religion and philosophy
* Consequences of causing harm
* Why “bad” things happen to “good” people
* How to embrace the “good” stuff and accept the “bad” stuff
* Mindfulness+ is mindfulness plus the spiritual dimension
* How “The Process” corrects you
* What happens when you don’t learn lessons
* How to deal with unskilful people
* The 7 Guidelines:
1. Honour the body
2. Be present, bringing awareness and acceptance into every moment
3. Act with kindness
4. Understand the truth and communicate it skilfully
5. Do only what needs to be done
6. Harmoniously obtain and retain only what you need
7. Apply the guidelines to your digital device usage
This talk was held at Pages Bookstore in Detroit. Thank you so much to Erin Gold for making this possible.